Pages

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Moab 2013

Once again we went on our annual Moab trip. Well... kinda annual. We use to go every year but then Am got sick so we haven't been in a couple years. It was so much fun to get back to what we know! The hikes, the picnic's, playing ball in the park & especially enjoying each others company. This year we had Ayla so it was quite a bit different but so much better! Everything with her is better than it was before we had her. We absolutely adore her and I can't imagine life any other way!





We left Friday & met everyone down in the Arches parking lot. We weren't able to check into our hotel yet so we went & hiked Delicate Arch. Zac got me a baby bjorn awhile ago & I am SO GLAD that I had it. It was awesome. Ayla does pretty well in it & she just slept the entire time! Which was wonderful :) Once we got to the top she was hungry so I had to nurse her at the top of Delicate... apologies to everyone who walked by) but it all worked out! It just was so much fun :)!








After Delicate we went back to the hotel & unloaded. We then had dinner in the park, met up with the Rhodes & played ball. Saturday is always the day we have our big hikes. We took Ayla on Double O primitive loop. SO much fun but SO scary. There were parts where I was worrying about the other kids with us and parts where I was worrying about myself & hoping that I didn't fall with Ayla on the front of me. She again was such an angel. Unless she was hungry, she just slept! I nursed while hiking which is always fun but hey, I'm pretty proud of myself :)! I love this hike & love the fact that we do it everytime we go. It's just become one of those traditions :)


Landscape Arch

Kiddos being "Spider's"






The Famous Grandpa/Twins picture we take every year on the way to Double O.


Nathan made it to the top!
After such a long hike (it took us 5 hours to do the entire thing) we headed back to the hotel & went swimming! One of my favorite things :)! Ayla had a lot of fun & enjoyed just chillin :)!

All ready to go to the pool

Daddy takes such good care of his little girl

Sitting in the water for the first time!

Happy Family
Sunday we went to Denny's for Breakfast & then up to see the Window's. It was such a great vacation & I am so glad that we were able to go as a family. I love that everyone has kids and that we all can go & do family things. It's great to be able to have fun together and have the cousins get to know each other better. I love that Ayla is going to be able to grow up knowing her cousins & have a great time with them :)! Another great vacation down & we are already excited for the next one! What's next, Grandpa Carroll? :)!







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...