Pages

Friday, December 9, 2011

Daisy got spayed

So after Daisy found a boyfriend, we decided to get her spayed. There is just something about taking her on a walk & having boy dogs come up to her & start LICKING her back.. ha ha it was so funny but at the same time... I definitely don't want to see that. We decided to shoot the bullet & take her in. Recently we switched vets which I am SOOO glad we did. We use to go to Creekside however I just feel that they were never personable. They didn't like to answer any questions & just wanted us in & straight out. Walking in the door felt like I was walking into a cement building. After a little bit of persuasion from my part on Zac, he finally agreed & we switched to Lone Peak Vet. They are WONDERFUL! They answer all my crazy momma questions without making me feel crazy & even call to check up on her & make sure she is comfortable after her big day not feeling so well.

In order to prepare for her surgery which is in fact a hysterectomy for dogs, we had to take her in for a check up. She got her blood drawn to make sure is was healthy & to identify how it would clot/react if there were to be a problem during her surgery. In that same appointment, we had to get her tested for Giardia. We got both results back the next day. Sure enough, her blood was great but she did have Giardia. Because of this we had to push back her spay. Any of you dog mommas/daddys out there who have had their pup with Giardia know it's such a pain in the butt. We had to give her medicine each morning. It was like a powder that we put over her food. After she had her medicine each morning I had to wash all her toys & throw away her bones from the previous day so that her saliva wouldn't pass to her once again. Oh boy.. kept us BUSY! She finally got rid of it after 7 days & we were able to take her in to get spayed :)

We weren't able to feed her after 8PM so she was a bit hungry that next day. Zac took her in because I had to work early that morning. They called us later that morning to let us know that everything went well & that she was recovering really well. THANK GOODNESS. I have to say, I was so sad to see that my baby had to go in & get surgery. You never know what could happen & I was so nervous so when we received the call I was so relieved to know that she was going to be okay. We were able to pick her up around 4:30 & she was so happy to see us. She had waken up and her cute little body came running towards us. It is so wonderful to feel appreciated and really loved. She was so excited to see her parents and we were so excited to have her back with us! We took her home & she just slept which was probably a good thing. I could tell she was in pain but luckily the vet gave us some pain meds so that she would be more comfortable. You can see pictures below of us that night :)

Poor baby girl was so out of it

Cuddlin' with momma



Momma... I don't feel nice :(  This made me so sad

I'm so glad we got her that bed just a couple days prior. She layed on that thing for days.

Ouch!
I am so glad that it is over & that she has healed... at least that is how she acts! It has been about 3 weeks & her incision has completely healed up. She is just running & jumping everywhere. She is so funny & we just love her.. obviously everyone can tell because my blog has just been filled up with Daisy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...